Free Car Transport Service Quote
Why Clients Trust Number 1 Auto Transport to Ship Their Cars to West Virginia
When you’re looking forthe best auto transport company to ship your car to West Virginia, you don’t have to look far. Number 1 Auto Transport is the West Virginia auto transport & car shipping company clients trust. Our auto transport team are experts in their field, providing industry-leading customer service. From providing transparent quotes and pricing to working with you through the transport itself, every team member will have the utmost respect and honestyfor yourself and your vehicle.
Number 1 Auto usesstate-of-the-art equipment to ensure reliability and holds contracted drivers to high standards. This helps make West Virginia car shipping much easier than most folks think it is, even with the mountains that make up much of the state. Whether you are hauling a pile driver or reclaimer on a lowboy from one project in Charleston to another; living in Huntington and bringing your luxury car in from Clarksburg, Wheeling, or even outside of the state and you want it protected from the elements in anenclosed carrier, or living outside Morgantown. You need your car transported in an open-air carrier to Parkersburg, Weirton, Fairmont, Beckley, and beyond; number 1 Auto Transport has the experience, equipment, and people to get it right every time.
Moving to West Virginia? Ship Your Car with Number 1 Auto Transport
The only state sitting entirely in Appalachia, West Virginia brings to mind bucolic hills, outdoor activities like fishing, hiking, and hunting, and a peaceful way of life. And that’s pretty accurate. It’s a small state – 24,230 square miles means it is 41 overall – with 1.8 million residents, sitting right in the middle of the pack as far as density goes. It’s spread evenly as well, with cities sprinkled across the state but none being massive. In fact, the largest city, Charleston, is the second-smallest “largest city” in the country, even though states like Wyoming, Delaware, and North Dakota have only a fraction of West Virginia’s population. So what else makes West Virginia so unique?
- West Virginia is the state that coal built. In the late 1800s, the coalfields of West Virginia became an important resource for the growing industrial country. While we’ve seen plenty of alternatives to coal develop as we move towards a greener, more environmentally-friendly energy, West Virginia is still the second-largest producer of coal in the country. The coal industry accounts for 2% of all employment in the state.
- Given enough time, coal will turn into a diamond – and that’s exactly what happened in Peterstown in 1928. The Jones family discovered a 34-carat diamond, the largest alluvial diamond ever discovered in North America.
- Want to visit one of the oldest and most famous resorts in America? NearWhite Sulphur Springs, the Greenbrier has been a destination for Americans since 1778, with its waters having supposed curative powers, including easing arthritis. While that’s never been proven – or disproven – it hasn’t stopped 26 presidents, along with foreign dignitaries such as Indira Gandhi, the Duke of Windsor, and Princess Grace of Monaco from making it a destination.
- West Virginia was once meant to be the refuge of the American Government in a nuclear war. Located under the Greenbrier, a bunker meant to house Congress in the case of all-out nuclear war was installed while the hotel was undergoing expansion in the 1950s. Today, it is declassified and can be toured by visitors.
- The most poorly-named river globally, the New River is the oldest in North America and potentially second only to the Nile as far as the oldest in the world. Much like the Nile, it also flows from south to north, which sets it apart from pretty much every other river on the eastern seaboard.
- The New River is central when it comes to outdoor activities around West Virginia. It’s one of the best fishing rivers in the state, boasting populations of everything from smallmouth and largemouth bass, to striped bass, to walleyes, varieties of catfish, and much more. It has major Class II and Class III rapids but also flat water areas for canoeing and motorboating. It also has the New River Gorge Bridge, a picturesque bridge that is one of America’s highest bridges and is the longest steel span bridge in the Western hemisphere.
- Sitting in the tiny sliver of West Virginia between Ohio and Pennsylvania, Weirton is the only city in the country that sits in one state but touches two other state borders.
- One of the most well-known cryptids in the world – right up there with Nessie, Bigfoot, the Jersey Devil, and the Yeti – the Mothman is supposedly seen in the Point Pleasant area of West Virginia. It has its own festival, was the subject of numerous books over the years, including The Mothman Prophecies, and even has its own beer!
Enclosed Auto Transport to West Virginia
The mountains of West Virginia make for some weather oddities. The state itself doesn’t see much in the way of severe weather through the year – it’s sheltered from the coast’s hurricanes and sees very few tornadoes every year. It does see more than its fair share of blustery winter weather, though, and the mountains themselves can bring hazards, including falling rocks and debris. The terrain also breeds heavy fog banks and lots of cloudy days throughout the year. With the unpredictable and often dangerous weather and terrain, it’s not surprising that many car owners looking to ship a vehicle to or through West Virginia partnered with a company that is used to preparing for and avoiding weather events. When you opt to send your vehicle via an enclosed auto transport when looking for car transport in West Virginia, you’ll avoid damage from rain, wind-blown debris in storms, and other curveballs the weather throws out there. Having your car shipped to West Virginia in an enclosed carrier is a smart investment for your investment.
Thesafest way to transport your car to West Virginia is within anenclosed auto transport.There are two options for shipping your car via enclosed auto transport:
- Soft-Sided Enclosed Auto Transport – The heavy canvas covering the carriers protects your car from wind-blown debris, rain, sleet, snow, and other elements.
- Hard-Sided Enclosed Auto Transport– In addition to the advantages provided by soft-sided carriers, hard-sided carriers offer protection for your car in the unlikely event your car is exposed to possible damage during transportation.
Open Auto Transport to West Virginia
Thinking about usingopen auto transportfor your West Virginia car transport needs? Open carriers are the same double-decker car carriers the dealerships use. Your vehicle will be secured with state-of-the-art equipment, and it will arrive at its destination within seven days of departure. Open auto transport is a secure and affordable way of shipping your car, protecting your vehicle from road vibration, excess mileage, and more.
Lowboy Carriers to West Virginia
Those mountains also make it a pain to get construction equipment from one site to the next, with steep inclines, tight back roads, and other headaches. Add to that the amount of mining and logging equipment moving around to support these two major economic drivers, and there is more than enough transport to be done. From timber companies moving skidders and feller bunchers, to mining concerns transferring mining tractors, oversized trucks, and power shovels, to builders needing to have a dozer or excavator moved, they want to be able to call on a team that has experience. They don’t want to tie up their skilled tradesmen and women. That’s why construction teams across the Mountain State rely on West Virginia auto transport experts to make sure they stay on schedule and everything gets to the next site safely – they turn to the West Virginia equipment transport experts and the lowboy teams at Number 1 Auto Transport.
Transporting heavy construction equipment is a serious business. Our veteranlowboy carrierdrivers are trained to handle oversized loads, as well as high gross tonnage. Number 1 Auto’s drivers are skilled in moving heavy equipment in and out of job sites and navigating busy highways with unique loads.
The Steps We Take When Shipping a Car to West Virginia…
The best way to answer the question of“How to ship my car to West Virginia” is to show you just how we operate our auto shipping business. We know car owners won’t trust just any car shipping company to move their vehicle across states – they want to experience and reputation. Here’s how we do it:
- First, once your order is placed, we’ll start the process of moving a car to West Virginia. This usually happens within a week. We’ll continue updating you on important information, including the time and date of pickup, tracking number, and the truck driver’s number.
- Then, the truck driver will call you to finalize delivery plans. All Number 1 Auto drivers strive to take care of all vehicles carried as if they are their own. Protecting your car against any damage from delivery is their ultimate concern. You’ll also sign and receive a Bill of Lading before the driver leaves.
- Finally, once the vehicle arrives in West Virginia, both you and the driver will inspect the vehicle for any damage. This is also the time when you will sign the final inspection report. It’s that simple!
Shipping a Car from West Virginia
From folks setting out for a career in mining or timber to grads and postgrads headed to West Virginia University or Marshall, West Virginia has plenty of need for a reliable car transport service. Working with Number 1 Auto saves frustration, as well as money and time. From folks headed for higher education in Wheeling to our military members relocating to NSA Sugar Grove Station, our clients are at ease knowing that the best West Virginia car shipping company is here to help. It’s easy to bring in their car or truck no matter where they’re being transferred from!
Have Questions or Need a Car Shipping Quote for West Virginia?
Please emailusorCall855-422-4141for aFREE CAR SHIPPING QUOTEto ship your car to West Virginia. We look forward to giving you quick answers to any questions you may have! Our goal is to provide our West Virginia clients with the best car shipping service at themost reasonable auto transport ratesavailable.
Number 1 Auto Transport is insured– In the unlikely event your car suffers damage during its auto transport to West Virginia, we have you covered!Ourinsurance team will get the claim handled quickly and efficiently.
#1 Montway Auto Transport: Best Overall
The company works with over 15,000 carriers across the nation and can ship a car to anywhere in the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. According to our consumer vehicle shipping survey, Montway Auto Transport had the highest satisfaction rating of any major provider.
All car shipping companies have to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). The FMCSA will issue them with a motor carrier number. If an auto transport company doesn't have this number, they're not authorized to operate. You should be able to find this number on the company's website.
Which auto transport companies offer cheap car shipping? Companies like AmeriFreight, Ship a Car Direct, and Montway Auto Transport offer cheap car shipping. The average cost of auto transport with these companies is $960—or $180 less expensive than the competition.
- Carload USA.
- Car Hauler Dispatch.
- uShip Car Hauling.
- Reliable Auto Dispatch.
- Car Load Board.
|2019 total new retail vehicles||'19 rank|
|Penske Automotive Group Inc.*#||222,800||2|
|Lithia Motors Inc.*||180,532||3|
|Group 1 Automotive Inc.*#||169,136||4|
Periodically, we come across shipping scams by fraudulent people or firms impersonating freight forwarders and shipping lines. Of course, these fraudsters and scams come in various forms, mainly by those using a similar or duplicate name or those creating a fake website to attract shippers and impor...
Shipping your car isn't cheap, and you can almost always save money driving it to your new home yourself. Even if you consider the cost of gas, hotels, food, and mileage for a long road trip, auto transportation usually still costs more.
You must know how to identify a legitimate site properly. First is by looking at the site's URL. If you know the exact spelling of the company's name, head over to the URL and see if there are any misspelled letters around. Also, pay attention to the site's domain name.
|Car Shipping Company||Our Rating||Better Business Bureau (BBB) Customer Rating|
|1. Montway Auto Transport||9.1||4.6 / 5.0|
|2. Sherpa Auto Transport||9.1||4.9 / 5.0|
|3. SGT Auto Transport||9||4.8 / 5.0|
|4. AmeriFreight||8.9||4.9 / 5.0|
- Check Whether the Company Is Insured and Bonded.
- Check Customer's Reviews and Ratings.
- Companies That Demand Wire Transfer Payments Are Not Reliable.
- Ensure That the Company Is Registered.
- Check the Shipping Cost.
- Inquire About the Cancelation Policy of the Company.
The price of a car is negotiable, whether you're leasing or buying one. Asking for a better deal is a part of the process, but take note that a lower price depends on several factors.
Multiply the truck driver's hourly rate by the length of time needed to complete the trip. The truck averages 60 mph. The 680-mile trip will take about 11 hours (680 / 60 = 11.33). If the driver pay rate is $12 per hour, the cost for the driver is $132 (11 x 12 = 132).
The payload specifies how much-combined weight your car can handle, and the figure includes both passengers and any cargo. Overall, that means if you have five people in your car (each weighing around 150 pounds each), you can carry between 100 and 170 pounds of cargo in the trunk (or elsewhere).
- Ice Road Drivers. ...
- Oversized Load. Salary: $71,442 per year. ...
- Specialty Vehicle Haulers. Salary: $82,099. ...
- Team Drivers. Salary: $96,573. ...
- Private Fleet. Salary: $95,999 - $110,000 per year. ...
- Mining Industry Drivers. Salary: $58,862. ...
- Liquids / Tanker. Salary: $88,024. ...
- Hazmat Drivers. Salary: $65,466.
|4.||Acme Truck Line||$82,892|
- Bennett Motor Express.
- Mercer Transportation.
- Sysco Foods.
- GP Transco.
- Marten Transport.
- ABF Freight System.
Wayne Huizenga, 70, a major shareholder in AutoNation Inc., the nation's largest dealership chain, which he founded in 1996. His net worth is put at $2.2 billion.
- Toyota ($59.47 Billion) ...
- Mercedes Benz ($58.2 Billion) ...
- Volkswagen ($47.02 Billion) ...
- BMW ($40.44 Billion) ...
- Tesla ($36.27 Billion) ...
- Porsche ($34.32 Billion) ...
- Honda ($31.36 Billion) ...
- Ford ($22.67 Billion)
|Rank||Dealership group name||Total units|
|1||CarMax Inc. †||659,242|
|(804) 747-0422; carmax.com|
|(954) 769-7000; autonation.com|
Prohibited and Restricted Items for U.S. Import/Export
Articles of unusual value. Biological substances, Category B and exempt human or animal specimens. Dangerous goods. Electronic cigarettes.
Is Reshipping a Crime? Yes, reshipping is a crime as it involves receiving goods obtained via illegal means and/or sent via unlawful methods. Is true that mules involved in reshipping, as well as money mules, are sometimes unwitting accomplices, not realizing they are taking part in illegal activities.
Most courier companies would agree that shipping money inside a parcel is not allowed. A stolen parcel with some money inside is not mainly a pleasant surprise for the sender. Cash is a rather common item on the list of the forbidden and not recommended things when shipping with courier companies.
Yes, enclosed transportation is safer than open shipping. Because your car is shipped inside of a closed trailer, enclosed auto shipping better protects your vehicle against bad weather and road debris than open auto shipping.
Yes, Montway Auto Transport is a legitimate car shipping company. It moved more than 140,000 cars in 2020. Montway Auto Transport reviews from industry experts and customers are largely positive.
- Gather your vehicle's documents. ...
- Wash your car—inside and out. ...
- Document damage. ...
- Remove personal items. ...
- Perform any necessary maintenance. ...
- Empty your gas tank. ...
- Remove outside accessories. ...
- Lock up, but leave the keys.
- 1 Be wary if messages contain grammar or spelling errors.
- 2 Don't click links that are emailed or texted to you.
- 3 Don't respond to requests for more money via text.
- 4 Get tracking numbers for your shipments.
- 5 Request a signature at drop-off.
- 6 Pay via credit card or PayPal.
Providing a phony tracking number allows scammers to stall and shift blame for the missing package to the shipping service. In reality, your purchase never existed in the first place. You may even get shipping notices without purchasing from a new website.
And on top of one record-breaking year, FedEx also earned love and support from their customers. They scored the highest customer ratings in the consumer shipping industry on ACSI's Customer Satisfaction Index.
Autotrader tops our list as the best overall used car site as the most recognized car buying and selling online auto marketplace. Its huge volume of listings and advanced search tool make it the go-to place to buy and sell a car.
- Best Overall: United States Postal Service.
- Best for Small Packages: Sendle.
- Best for Large Packages: UPS.
- Best for International Shipping: DHL Express.
- Best for e-Commerce Business: ShipBob.
- Best for Quick Shipping: FedEx.
- Best Affordable Option: EasyPost.
What does auto hauling pay? Car haulers' average earnings often beat that of owner-operators in more common applications. Specialists at the top, hauling one or two expensive cars in an enclosed trailer, can earn well into six figures.
- Understand the Market of the Local Transport Industry. ...
- Select Your Niche & Type of Transport Business. ...
- Create a Business Plan. ...
- Choose the Right Vehicle. ...
- Evaluate the Cost of Starting Transportation Delivery Business. ...
- Get Trained. ...
- Arrange Finance. ...
- Procure Licenses & Permits.
- 1 ) Conduct research and gain full knowledge of the transport business and industry.
- 2 ) Form a Business Plan, Business registration and Apply for loan.
- 3) Get an Office Space, Hire staff and Get Trucks and Lorries for the transport business.
- 4) Commence Transport Business In India.
While tipping isn't required or included in the price of your car transport, it's a kind gesture that goes directly to your driver. For example, just like you would tip hairdressers who gave you a great haircut, you would want to tip a car transport driver who provided great service.
Car shipping is generally safe. Theft and crashes can and do happen, but you can also help minimize the risks of these incidents and other damage by carefully considering the type of transport you need.
|Distance||Average cost to ship a car per mile||Example shipping distance|
|500+ miles||$0.75||900 miles|
|1,000 + miles||$0.60||1,200 miles|
|2,000 + miles||$0.50||2,000 + miles|
|2,500 + miles||$0.40||3,600 miles|
While FedEx and UPS Ground services offer similar delivery times, USPS typically offers the lowest rates. If a package weighs over 7 lbs or so, though, UPS and FedEx start offering more competitive rates.
The industry average cost to ship a car with an auto transport company is upwards of $2.00 per mile for journeys less than 200 miles. The price dips down to an average of $0.58 per mile for true long-distance moves exceeding 1,500 miles. An enclosed carrier offers more protection and security than an open carrier.
Average Car Shipping Cost Per Mile.
|Route Distance||Average open carrier cost||Average closed carrier cost|
|Over 2500 miles||$1,350||$1,830|